Jason Jay Jaynes (08/13/1980) was indicted last Friday by a Clackamas County Grand Jury of multiple sex crimes he committed against female children in Clackamas County. The crimes occurred in the Gladstone area between 1998 and 2001.
The crimes he is charged with include:
1. 2 counts of Using a Child in a Display of Sexually Explicit Conduct;
2. 1 count of Rape in the Second Degree;
3. 1 count of Sodomy in the Second Degree;
4. 2 counts of Sexual Abuse in the First Degree;
5. 4 counts of Rape in the Third Degree; and
6. 8 counts of Sodomy in the Third Degree
Detectives from the Oregon City Police Department and the Oregon State Police have reason to believe that there may be additional victims. Mr. Jaynes lived at the address 220 Ipswich Street in Gladstone, Oregon throughout his childhood and off-and-on during his adult years. Mr. Jaynes attended schools in Gladstone, Oregon.
On November 8, 2012 Jason Jay Jaynes was arrested as a co-defendant in the Clackamas County Major Crime Team investigation of the murder of Debbie Higbee-Benton, which occurred in Gladstone, Clackamas County, Oregon on May 28, 2011. Detectives will not comment about whether or not these child sex crime charges are connected to the murder investigation. Mr. Jaynes is currently incarcerated in the Clackamas County Jail on $1,250,000 bail.